If goods are exported from the UK into the EU, export declarations will need to be submitted after 1 January 2021. You will need to consider whether you will complete these yourself or whether you appoint an agent to submit the records on your behalf.

Exports are submitted using the National Export System (NES) which can be accessed via your government gateway account. This does not require additional software or licences

You will also need to consider the Incoterms which you use.  If you supply goods on an Ex Works basis, your customer may be required to complete the export declarations, and this may not be an attractive option.

The customer may have to complete import declarations and pay duty on the importation of the goods into the EU.  You should consider the commercial impact of the payment of duty and whether the cost can be alleviated.

How we can help

We can complete and submit your import and export declarations to HMRC on your behalf and can help you understand exactly what you need to do to navigate the new border, and cope with the wider challenges of moving goods in a post Brexit environment.


We also offer...

VAT & Customs Helpline

  • Set fee for first half hour
  • Reduced consultancy fees
  • Agreed fees for work

Customs Retainer

Set monthly fee for telephone advice.


We are able to assist businesses in dealing with disputes arising from HMRC inspections or queries.


We can provide bespoke training to suit the requirements of your business on both VAT & Customs issues. 

International Network

We have an international network of advisers who can provide advice and support as required.

Get in touch? 

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your needs with you.  For a free introductory discussion please contact Terri Bruce tel: 07929 186391 or complete our enquiry form and we will get back to you.