Furlough Audit Service
The Job Retention (Furlough) Scheme in response to COVID-19 continues to evolve since it was first launched in March.
Due to the fast pace of changes to the scheme, it’s easy for businesses to misunderstand or misinterpret some of the more complex aspects of furlough pay calculations and make innocent mistakes which could be costly to them further down the line.
The claims process has also increased in complexity from I July, with the introduction of ‘flexible furlough’, permitting employees who have already been furloughed for a three-week period to be brought in and out of work on a part-time/flexible basis.
HMRC will be reviewing furlough claims over the next five years, seeking repayments plus interest from businesses and issuing potential penalties to firms who have made mistakes.
So it’s important to make sure your businesses furlough calculations are correct.
Our experienced furlough support team, within Employment Services, can conduct a furlough audit for your business to make sure your figures add up.
Our furlough audit will:
- Review your furlough calculation processes
- Minimise the risk of future liabilities for your business
- Ensure all your furlough claims are maximised
Common business mistakes include:
- Excluding overtime or other contractual payments, so the claim, or furlough payments to employees, aren’t maximised
- Incorrectly calculating employer NIC, by not including other pay elements in the calculation and/or apportioning incorrectly
- Claiming employer NIC when it should be reduced by the Employment Allowance, resulting in an overclaim
- Overstating furlough pay values or claims, by basing on pay before salary sacrifice
Take Action Now
Please contact our Employment Services Team to discuss a furlough audit, the challenges you are facing and the solutions available to you. Call 0845 555 8844 or simply complete our enquiry form. Don’t wait, take advice now, we are here to help you.