There are myriad reasons for selling your business. Perhaps you’d like to release capital for financial security or to fund new projects. Maybe you believe the business has peaked in value or growth, or perhaps you want to exit because of retirement, ill health, or a conflict between owners or a lack of succession options.
Whatever the reason for sale, there is never a guarantee of success once the sale process has been put in motion. Selling a business can be a complex transaction with many points to consider, such as: the timing of the sale, the valuation of the business and how to maximise the value by grooming it for sale, identifying & contacting potential buyers, negotiating the sale and the completion of legal documentation.
For these reasons the appointment of an experienced and qualified adviser, such as Dains, is essential to ensure a disciplined and concise approach is followed, thus increasing the chances of a successful sale.
Dains can help with:
- Advising on a valuation of the business
- Production of an Information Memorandum
- Identifying and making approaches to prospective purchasers
- Negotiating with purchasers, which could include managing a “bidding process”
- Advising on commercial and tax efficient deal structures
- Managing the legal and due diligence process
- Overall project management
So, if you’re looking to exit your business, for whatever reason, Dains is ideally placed to guide you through the sale.