Forensic accounting is the integration of accounting, information technology and investigation skills to enable lawyers, insurance companies and other clients to resolve disputes or anticipated disputes. It provides expert evidence in the litigation process.
The Dains Forensic Team provides expert advice and assistance in both Commercial Disputes and Personal Actions.
Involving an experienced professional at an early stage can improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the litigation process. We use our analytical skills and our understanding of financial matters to identify key issues. We will then produce a well researched, clearly presented and objective report on which the person responsible for its preparation will ultimately provide evidence in court, if required.
We are able to assist with;
- Identification of the inherent risks of a transaction
- Recommendations as to the scope of investigative work to be performed
- On site fieldwork conducted discreetly by an experienced team
- Attendance at data-room meetings
- Completion of a concise report detailing the findings of the exercise
- Recommendations to minimise risk where areas of concern are highlighted
- Project management including liaison with other due diligence professionals
- Pre-lending reviews for debt providers