Vacancy: Corporate Tax Assistant Manager - Birmingham
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Corporate Tax Assistant Manager to join our Corporate Tax department, in Birmingham City Centre. This role will involve compliance and consultancy services.
Dains is a TOP 60 regional firm of accountants & business advisers specialising in growing owner managed businesses in the Midlands. We have grown by over 25% in the last 3 years. Our primary offices are in Birmingham, Burton on Trent, Derby, Lichfield, and Stoke on Trent.
If you are someone that enjoys building relationships and having more interaction with clients then this could be the role for you. Our clients rely on us to give them a great service and it will be your responsibility to research, problem-solve and give advice on a day-to-day basis.
This is a varied role where you will benefit from working within an established team, with the opportunity for progression. After 6 months you will have the opportunity to gain more responsibility and receive your own portfolio of clients. You will be in charge of managing these relationships and dealing with all of their compliance and advisory needs.
- Preparation and submission of Corporation Tax Computations and deferred tax
- Dealing with tax queries on behalf of clients
- Assisting managers in the preparation of R&D claims
- Contact with H M Revenue & Customs as necessary
- Routine tax advisory assignments under the guidance of the Tax Managers and Tax Partners.
- General client administration
- Assist with the management of a portfolio of clients to ensure that all Tax computations and Corporate Tax Returns are prepared and submitted to H M Revenue & Customs by the due dates
- Calculation of the client’s tax liabilities together with a reconciliation of the tax due and advising clients accordingly
- Attendance at meetings with clients, potential clients
- Undertaking routine tax advisory assignments
- Team player
- Passionate about tax
- Problem solver
- Strong mentor
- Good at handling multiple projects at once
Our Benefits Package
We offer a full benefits package to all employees and details can be found here.
How to Apply
To apply for any of the positions please email your CV to Jenna Clewley along with a covering note on why you feel you are suitable for the role.