Senior Accountant - Stoke
Do you want to work within a forward-thinking business where you can develop and progress quickly?
Now is an extremely exciting time to join Dains and we are looking for a Senior Accountant to join us, on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate will be a good mentor and strong motivator to junior members of staff and understand the importance of a quality client service.
This is a chance to join an established department that uses the latest technology to service their clients. You will benefit from being within a supportive team that will develop you and guide you towards your career aspirations. Our employees are our main focus, which is why we place importance on understanding the needs of our employees and how we can help them achieve their goals.
Dains is a TOP 60 regional firm of accountants & business advisers specialising in growing owner managed businesses in the Midlands. We have grown by over 25% in the last 3 years. Our primary offices are in Birmingham, Burton on Trent, Derby, Lichfield, and Stoke on Trent.
Ideally you will have an abundance of knowledge of various accounting systems, in order to advise our clients. You will also enjoy supervising a team and managing your own portfolio of clients.
We have a role available in Stoke, though travel to other offices and client’s premises will be expected.
- Motivate and guide trainees within the team
- Develop strong working relationships with clients
- Efficiently prepare statutory accounts, unincorporated accounts and management accounts
- Effectively solve client queries
- Provide a proficient bookkeeping service for our various clients
- Proactively deal with client requests in regards to HMRC, PAYE and VAT matters
- Evenly distribute workload to trainees and provide relevant training
- Provide a client advisory service
- Monitor work processes and identify a more efficient and timely process
- Improve added value to our clients
- Communicate effectively with all members of the team and clients
- People focussed
- Strong attention to detail
- Motivated and driven
- Keen eye for detail
- Strong organisation skills
- Good listener
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Our Benefits Package
We offer a full benefits package to all employees and details can be found here.
How to Apply
To apply for any of the positions please email your CV to Jenna Clewley along with a covering note on why you feel you are suitable for the role.