Vacancy: Semi Senior Accountant - Derby
Do you have experience of working within an accountancy practice?
Dains are looking to recruit a Semi-Senior Accountant to join our established Evolve team, in Derby. Working with a mixed range of clients, you will support them with the preparation of VAT returns, accounts and bookkeeping.
This is a great opportunity to work within a supportive and forward-thinking team. You will benefit from study support and career progression opportunities.
Dains is a TOP 60 regional firm of accountants & business advisers specialising in growing owner managed businesses in the Midlands. We have grown by over 25% in the last 3 years. Our primary offices are in Birmingham, Burton on Trent, Derby, Lichfield, and Stoke on Trent.
This is a full time, permanent, position. The location for this role will be Derby, but you will need to travel to other offices and clients’ premises as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing of VAT returns, bookkeeping & management accounts
- Producing accounts for clients (Limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and LLPs)
- Producing tax computations and CT600 tax returns
- Ensuring that jobs are completed on time and within budget
- Liaise with the Tax department and deal with any queries raised
- Experience of CCH accounts preparation is beneficial but not essential
- Competent on Word, Excel and Microsoft Office applications
- Experience using and the ability to learn how to use cloud based accounting packages (Xero / Sage Business Cloud / QuickBooks )
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage confidently with clients
- Good up to date technical knowledge
- Analytical and innovative approach to problem solving
This role is suitable for someone who is studying towards their AAT/ACCA.
Our Benefits Package
We offer a full benefits package to all employees and details can be found here.
How to Apply
To apply for any of the positions please email your CV to Jenna Clewley along with a covering note on why you feel you are suitable for the role.