Vacancy: Private Client Assistant Manager - Birmingham/Lichfield
Dains is a regional firm of accountants & business advisers based in the Midlands. Our primary offices are in Birmingham, Burton on Trent, Derby, Lichfield and Stoke on Trent. Our skills include accountancy, audit, forensic accounting, corporate finance, tax and employment services (including payroll).
A full UK driving licence and your own vehicle is essential for this role. The role will be based within our Birmingham office but occasional travel to Lichfield will be required.
- Assist in the development of tax advisory assignments
- Provide routine support to the Private Client, Corporate and Commercial Services clients including the development of a helpline service offering
- Provide ad-hoc delivery support to the tax department
- Research and provide technical updates to the tax department, the whole firm, and the marketing department as appropriate with the aim of developing a regular e-shot tax update for clients and prospects
- Assist in the provision of both internal and external PR material on a regular basis
- Assist other Tax Partners and Managers on the delivery of services to their client/prospects
- Plan and carry out direct sales and marketing activities for the above services in accordance with agreed budgets and timescales.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by post, email, telephone, and personal visits
- Applies technical knowledge to formulate and deliver tax advisory services and to provide commercial solutions to clients
- Recognises opportunities to mitigate tax liabilities and to liaise with Partners to implement these opportunities with the client base
- Be pro-active in identifying any changes in legislation and the impact this has on the client base
- Reviews works of colleagues for technical accuracy
- To manage a portfolio of clients and to be responsible for the day to day management of their affairs
- To manage deadlines and prioritise workload in accordance with the needs of the department and client expectations
- To manage own time and that of others efficiently
- Develop and maintain effective communication with Partners, Directors and staff
- To have overall responsibility for the management of WIP on client portfolio
- CTA qualified
- STEP is desirable
- Displays a positive and motivated outlook
- Is able to instigate change and new ideas
- Performs well under pressure
- Ensures that the firm is not exposed to unnecessary risk
- Maintains confidentiality
- Demonstrates the ability to deal with difficult situations
- Demonstrates resilience
- Proven technical skills
- Ability to use/learn software and systems operated by the company as appropriate (eg Caseware, CorTax, MYOB AE Central, Singleview*)
- To have a good understanding of relevant Microsoft Office software, eg Outlook, Word, Excel and any other packages relevant to the role
- You may from time to time be required to attend courses (internal and external) to aid you in the capacity
Our Benefits Package
We offer a full benefits package to all employees and details can be found here.
How to Apply
To apply for any of the positions please email your CV to Jenna Clewley along with a covering note on why you feel you are suitable for the role.