Vacancy: Forensics Assistant - Birmingham
This role will be to support the Forensics team in the summarising, analysis and interpretation of financial and business-related issues. You will be supporting the Partner and Manager on a variety of transactions and cases.
Dains is a regional firm of accountants & business advisers specialising in growing owner managed businesses in the Midlands. Our primary offices are in Birmingham, Burton on Trent, Derby, Lichfield and Stoke on Trent. Our services include accountancy, audit, business recovery, forensic accounting, insolvency, corporate finance and tax advice
- Investigating and analysing financial evidence
- Carrying out due diligence
- Communicating findings in the form of tables, exhibits and collecting documents
- Understand and apply basic accounting principles as appropriate/necessary
- Be aware of and apply, where necessary, the concept of analytical review
- To have a basic understanding of the affect of taxes on a set of accounts
- To have a basic understanding of the technical aspects concerning a set of accounts
- Ability to use/learn software and systems operated by the firm as appropriate
- To have a good understand of relevant Microsoft Office software
- To be professional and approachable with clients and staff
- To maintain and develop good working relationships with other Managers and partners
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to problem solve through an analytical and logical approach
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to use own initiative when required
- Good oral and written skills
This placement would be suitable for someone who has studied/studying Finance and Accountancy. If you are interested in this role then please apply ASAP.
Our Benefits Package
We offer a full benefits package to all employees and details can be found here.
How to Apply
To apply for any of the positions please email your CV to Jenna Clewley along with a covering note on why you feel you are suitable for the role.