Vacancy: Corporate Tax Supervisor/Assistant Manager - Derby
This is a full-time permanent position, which will be based at our Derby office.
Dains is a regional firm of accountants & business advisers specialising in growing owner managed businesses in the Midlands. Our primary offices are in Birmingham, Burton on Trent, Derby, Lichfield and Stoke on Trent. Our services include accountancy, audit, business recovery, forensic accounting, insolvency, corporate finance and tax advice.
- To assist with the management of a portfolio of clients to ensure that all Tax computations and Corporate Tax Returns are prepared and submitted to H M Revenue & Customs by the due dates
- Calculation of the client’s tax liabilities together with a reconciliation of the tax due and advising clients accordingly
- Initial preparation for meetings under the instruction and guidance of other senior members of the Tax Department
- Attendance at meetings with clients, potential clients and contacts with other senior members of the Tax Department
- Undertaking routine tax advisory assignments under the guidance of other members of the Department
- To build a sound professional relationship with clients at a senior level
- Delivers the highest standard of service to clients at all times
- Applies technical skills to provide solutions to client via an understanding of the tax system
- To be proactive in identifying changes in the legislation and how this impacts on the client base
- Maintains and develops technical knowledge through appropriate training
- Uses IT software efficiently to carry out work
- Delegates work where appropriate and can reviews work for technical accuracy
- Has experience of tax advisory projects and willing to build experience in this area.
- Experience of personal tax compliance would be an advantage.
- To display a positive and motivated outlook
- To react quickly and positively to change and new ideas
- Maintains confidentiality
- To act accurately to instructions given
- To perform well under pressure
- Demonstrates commitment to the firm
- Strong communication and leadership skills
This role would suit an Assistant Manager or Supervisor who is looking to take the next step in their career. Ideally you will have Corporate Tax experience in both compliance and advisory projects. Personal Tax experience would also be an advantage. You will need to be ACCA/ACA or CTA Qualified or Part Qualified.
Our Benefits Package
We offer a full benefits package to all employees and details can be found here.
How to Apply
To apply for any of the positions please email your CV to Jenna Clewley along with a covering note on why you feel you are suitable for the role.