Vacancy: Commercial Services Semi Senior - Derby
Dains is a regional firm of accountants & business advisers specialising in growing owner managed businesses in the Midlands. Our primary offices are in Birmingham, Burton on Trent, Derby, Lichfield and Stoke on Trent. Our services include accountancy, audit, business recovery, forensic accounting, insolvency, corporate finance and tax advice.
The location for this role will be Derby, but you will need to travel to other offices and clients’ premises as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under instructions of members of the Commercial Services East Midlands team, whether directly for a Partner, Manager or Supervisor
- Face-to-face contact with the clients to assess their system requirements
- Attending client meetings with the Supervisor, Manager or Partner to plan conversion projects
- Processing of VAT returns / bookkeeping & management accounts / statutory accounts
- Development and delivery of advisory services using cloud software (Spotlight / Futrli / Fluidly
- To prepare a set of accounts (unincorporated or incorporated) from complete or incomplete records and to be able to make notes for the attention of your Supervisor/Manager
- To efficiently plan jobs for preparation
- To supervise and assist trainees
- To develop a commercial awareness to be able to use the information and useful comments to the Supervisor/Manager and/or client
- To understand and apply basic accountancy ratios
- To be aware of and apply, where appropriate, the concept of analytical review
- Commitment to the firm’s training programme (includes an element of own time to get the most out of the programme)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage confidently with clients
- Competent on Word, Excel and the ability to learn how to use cloud based accounting packages (Xero / Sage Business Cloud / QuickBooks)
- Analytical and innovative approach to problem solving
- Organised and capable of working on multiple conversions at any given time
This role is suitable for someone who is AAT part qualified / qualified with a minimum of 12 months experience in practice. Training opportunities will be available for the right candidate.
Our Benefits Package
We offer a full benefits package to all employees and details can be found here.
How to Apply
To apply for any of the positions please email your CV to Jenna Clewley along with a covering note on why you feel you are suitable for the role.