Vacancy: Commercial Services Assistant to the Clerk of Consolidated Charities - Burton
This is a full-time role which has been put in place to provide financial reporting and administrative support in order to deliver against the Consolidated Charities Engagement. You will also work closely with the Charity Clerk and the Commercial Service Partner to monitor the delivery and performance of the department.
The role will require someone who is extremely organised and who is able to manage their time effectively. Proactiveness and a can-do attitude is a must!
Dains is a regional firm of accountants & business advisers specialising in growing owner managed businesses in the Midlands. Our primary offices are in Birmingham, Burton on Trent, Derby, Lichfield and Stoke on Trent. Our services include accountancy, audit, business recovery, forensic accounting, insolvency, corporate finance and tax advice.
- To provide effective delivery of financial support to the main committee, all sub committees and working parties including, but not limited to, agendas, minutes, supporting documentation and meeting facilitation
- Meeting with Trustees
- Photocopying of information packs for meetings will play a huge part in this role
- Typing of letters, emails, reports, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and any other required documents using appropriate software
- To act as the central switchboard for Consolidated Charities
- Ensuring that the grant application and approval process runs efficiently and effectively
- Dealing with incoming post
- Scanning, filing and archiving
- Site visits to Almshouses and commercial properties as required, including meeting suppliers and wardens on site
- Regular contact with wardens with regard to Almshouses residents and associated repairs
- Liaison with Charity service providers including requesting relevant information
- Management of the Charity’s website and maintenance
- To provide SAGE processing support and preparation of management information as required by the Charity
The Ideal Candidate will have/be
- Extremely organised and efficient
- Strong time management skills
- Can-Do attitude
- Approachable and friendly
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Strong oral and written skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Our Benefits Package
We offer a full benefits package to all employees and details can be found here.
How to Apply
To apply for any of the positions please email your CV to Jenna Clewley along with a covering note on why you feel you are suitable for the role.