Vacancy: Audit Semi Senior - Stoke
We are currently looking to recruit a Semi-Senior into our Audit team, in Stoke. The role will involve the completion of audit and accounting tasks as delegated by and under the general direction of the Audit Senior or Audit Manager.
Dains is a TOP 60 regional firm of accountants & business advisers specialising in growing owner managed businesses in the Midlands. We have grown by over 25% in the last 3 years. Our primary offices are in Birmingham, Burton on Trent, Derby, Lichfield, and Stoke Au on Trent.
This is an exciting role which will give you the opportunity to work with a variety of clients within different industries. You will benefit from working within a supportive and established team with study support offered and there will be a clear progression plan in place. What more could you ask for!!
This is a permanent, full time, position which will be based from our Stoke office.
- Complete responsibility for the audit of a client reporting directly to the Manager, Director or Partner responsible
- Plan the assignment and complete the work on time and within budget
- The preparation of a complete audit file to the required standLiaison with the Tax Department on any tax related matters
- Preparation of statutory and non-statutory accounts
- Delegation of assignments and supervision of junior members of staff, followed by review of the work performed
- Drafting of journals requiring fairly complex accounting principles
- The completion of the assignment in accordance with the budget with any variations being promptly recorded
- Draft sections of management letters
- Provide assistance and on-the-job training for other part-qualified trainees
- To provide ad-hoc support to other members of the audit department as required
- To be professional and approachable with clients
- To develop and maintain good working relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to work to deadlines and to be flexible in regard to the hours worked
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to use own initiative where required
- Strong oral and written skills
- Working towards the ACA/ACCA is essential
- Have an understanding of the effect of taxes on a set of accounts
- Have an understanding of the technical aspects concerning a set of limited company accounts
- Be conversant with all current appropriate auditing and accounting practice
- To have a good understanding of relevant Microsoft Office software, e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel and any other packages relevant to the role
Our Benefits Package
We offer a full benefits package to all employees and details can be found here.
How to Apply
To apply for any of the positions please email your CV to Jenna Clewley along with a covering note on why you feel you are suitable for the role.