Tax Trainee - Birmingham
The purpose of this role is to provide support and assistance to all members of the Employment Services (Employment Taxes) team, to include participation in compliance and planning employment taxes work, team-administration, and taking ownership of certain regular routines and procedures.
You will be given the opportunity to study towards the ATT qualification (study support provided) with the opportunity to progress to CTA.
This is a great opportunity to develop and progress within a supportive learning environment.
- Involvement with the completion of statutory employment-taxes returns
- Support in undertaking tax research
- Support with ad-hoc client projects
- Email updates to the team on employment taxes related recent developments by undertaking regular news checks, and keeping the team’s reading list up to date
- Ad-hoc support in relation to payroll
- Organisation of meetings and calls, both internal and external
- Filing of the team’s client correspondence, both manual and electronic
- Monitoring and pursuing required responses to correspondence/communications
- Attending client and internal meetings with colleagues and taking meeting notes
Routines and Procedures
- Bi-weekly employment taxes update emails to the firm
- Undertake the client-engagement process for new clients
- Have responsibility for update and maintenance of team control processes
- Proficient, in the context of the role, in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills
- Have initiative, determination and tenacity to solve problems whilst being able to seek guidance and support
- Strive for accuracy with an eye for detail
- Analytical and methodical
- Professional, warm and friendly to colleagues and clients
- Appreciate deadlines and urgency, and able to work well, prioritise and think clearly under pressure
- Enthusiasm and interest to learn and develop
Our Benefits Package
We offer a full benefits package to all employees and details can be found here.
How to Apply
To apply for any of the positions please email your CV to Jenna Clewley along with a covering note on why you feel you are suitable for the role.