Vacancy: Audit Manager - Birmingham
Dains is a TOP 60 regional firm of accountants & business advisers specialising in growing owner-managed businesses in the Midlands. We have grown by over 25% in the last 3 years. Our primary offices are in Birmingham, Burton on Trent, Derby, Lichfield, and Stoke on Trent.
As Audit Manager, you will be joining a highly respected and successful audit team, who work in a collaborative manner and in a collaborative manner, to deliver an exceptional service.
You will be working across a variety of client groups and have autonomy to deliver, support and manage your clients and team members, with the guidance and direction of both Directors and Partners.
We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service to our clients and we need an exceptional person to help us deliver great results! We want someone who isn’t afraid to challenge things and bring new ideas to the table.
Main responsibilities as Audit Manager:
- Managing your own portfolio of clients and building trusting and respectful working relationships
- Planning, executing and finalising audit assignments
- Assist with the development of systems and procedures
- Ensure that the highest standards of quality and accuracy are met at all times
- Be instrumental in staff appraisals and career development
- Offering leadership and guidance to junior team members
- Motivating and mentoring staff members to achieve their goals and results
- Review audit files and ensure completion is in line with best auditing practice
- Providing advice to clients where action and improvements is required, in a constructive and professional manner
- Working closely with Directors and Partners of the audit team in a collaborative and supportive manner
- To have a good knowledge of the effect of taxes on a set of accounts
- ACCA, ACA qualification
- Strong client relationship management experience
- Have confidence and tenacity to develop team members
- Good time management skills and able to deliver quality results
- Be willing and conscientious to deliver high-quality results
Some rewards we offer:
- 25 days annual leave (plus normal statutory bank holidays)
- Career development, qualification study support and ongoing training
- Flexible benefits
- Hybrid and smart working
- Holiday trading
- Shopping discounts
Our Benefits Package
We offer a full benefits package to all employees and details can be found here.
How to Apply
To apply for any of the positions please email your CV to Nicola Jones along with a covering note on why you feel you are suitable for the role.