Import/Export Changes - Are You Ready?
Bespoke Grant Funded Virtual Training Workshops
Brit Exit - Did you know....
- Currently most imports from the EU cross the borders without need for official paperwork
- When we leave the EU (31/12/2020) the import and export of goods rules will change
- As of 31/12/2020 an import/export entries will have to be made to HMRC and customs duty may need to be paid either at the UK or EU border
- The UK Government expect that 50,000 extra people will be needed to deal with completing import/export entries
How could this impact my business?
If your goods arrive at EU borders with incorrect paperwork you could see:
- your goods held up at the point of import/export or
- errors resulting in duty being over or under paid
- investigations by HMRC once either the import/export declaration has been completed
- penalties imposed for incorrect declarations
How Dains can help
- Grant funded Virtual Training Workshops
- Bespoke training tailored to your business and industry requirements
- Small group training sessions of no more than 4-5 people
- The training is fully funded by a grant and will not cost you a penny
- Even while staff are furloughed they can still train
- We are a fully accredited Customs training provider
Did you know
- It is estimated that 500,000 additional custom entries could be made per day due to these changes?
- Asking a third party to complete these entries for you could cost you in excess of £50 per entry
...Access the grant funded training pot before its empty...
The workshop will cover the following areas (but is not limited to):
- Tariff codes
- Custom procedure codes
- Valuation of goods - including freight and insurance cost
- Duty charges on imports/exports
- Export entries
- Reverse charge of import VAT
- Customs Freight Simplified Procedures
- Moving goods between companies in the same group but in different countries
- Applying for a Binding Tariff Information decision
- Setting up customs warehouse
- Business responsibilities relating to Imports and Exports
- Customs relief and preferences
- Customs Legislation
- Customs guarantees and deferment accounts