An audit is the process that reviews the integrity of a business’ accounts for the assurance of customers, suppliers or potential investors, banks and other finance providers. It focuses on the commercial issues and business processes which impact financial statements.
The Dains audit team provides assistance with all aspects of a business, at any stage of development, whether it is starting up, established or planning for retirement.
We are able to review your financial controls and management systems, to help you identify risks and how best to minimise them. We draw on our experience of a variety of different industries to assess your business performance in a wider context.
Our commercial approach to audit procedures is designed to concentrate on key areas of your business and enables us to resolve problems at an early stage with sensible and pragmatic solutions.
The step by step process includes:
- Audit engagement
- Pre audit and tax planning meeting
- Client care meeting attended by in house departmental specialists
- Audit planning process identifying risk areas and key business issues
- Stocktake observation
- On site audit field work
- Client manager and partner review process
- Client meeting to discuss…
- Draft statutory accounts
- Audit issues
- Internal control improvements
- Key performance indicators and management information
- Final review and sign off
...resulting in assurance that each section of your business is fine-tuned to achieve your business targets.